Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Reality of Pregnancy

So this Sunday I will officially be 8 months pregnant! I will be a mom in eight or less weeks . . that's a reality check if I ever heard one if you ask me. But today I experienced what people have told me what will eventually happen when you are pregnant: forgetfulness, loss of balance, not being able to touch your toes. Well, today I can sympathize and share my own stories that new pregnant girls just smile and nod at. It started when my shower was finished. Sometimes our shower door gets stuck, and it will only open a little. Well, today it happened, but for the first time I couldn't squeeze through the opened shower door. What is this?! So a scrape on my belly later, I got out. Getting dressed, I realized my favorite maternity jeans are probably a little too small, or a lot small, and today was my farewell to those lovely jeans. And socks. Who thought they would become the article of clothing that makes you frustrated and make you think about crying! As I attempted to put those stupid socks on, I couldn't reach my feet, despite my grunting and trying different "put your sock on positions." All failed, and then a humbled pregnant lady calls for her husband, and gives him the "don't laugh or I'll cry/kill you look." Kudos to Grant, he quietly put my socks on with only a slight smile on his face. That was not the case when I got home from work and attempted to change into sweats. My jeans somehow got tangled on my foot, and over I fell. If this is only the beginning, I need some more chocolate milk and brownies.

4 comments:

Elder Ernest Elliott said...

And someday this will be your faovrite pregnancy memory :) And I hope you rewarded yourself with that brownie.....

Michele said...

haha Katelyn I'm so sorry! I am just starting into the whole getting big phase (I'm at 6 months) so I'm sure I'll be getting it a lot worse too! But just think, MAXIMUM if you have like 10 kids this will only happen 10 times in your whole entire LIFE. So even less with less kids! I keep telling myself over and over... :)

Amber said...

I'm glad you have the good humor to enjoy even the not so funny things, because after all, they are pretty funny!

Whitney said...

Wow! Katelyn! Congratulations! I am so excited for you! You will be such a great mom! Good luck with everything!