Monday, February 22, 2010

A Pain in the Pregnant Butt and Gut

So pregnant ladies are supposed to crave what they want, eat what they want, and in the amount they want it in. If they want homemade chicken wings and 3 slices of homemade pizza, strawberry lemonade, a bottle of orange cream soda, ice cream, and a lovely congo bar...okay 2 congo bars, I should be able too with no consequences! But then comes a new friend in the third trimester: Acid Reflux. I find it cruel. I should have been warned. I've been taking two pepcids a day for the last three weeks, and no acid reflux since the first little bout, until I ate my wonderful feast that turned into a nasty beast at 2:30 am. I thought I had the flu, that was how bad it was. Didn't help that Jeffy wouldn't keep still. After a half hour bonding experience with Mr. Porcelain, I remembered the nurse telling me that sometimes acid reflux can give you flu like symptoms. And when I awoke this morning feeling fine, except a little tired, I knew it was just that. So now I know that pregnant ladies can crave what they want, eat what they want, and in the amount they want it in, only in the second trimester . . unless you are one of those lucky ones in the first trimester that don't have any morning sickness. . . jerks.

4 comments:

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

Ooooh. I remember that acid reflux, horrible! We went to Owen's little brothers wedding in Georgia and I was 8 months along and we went to this little bbq joint then went to the reception and I had 3 pieces of cake! It was THE worst night of my life. Yuck! It will be over soon!! Hang in there!

Michele said...

Oh man NOT good. Not excited about that. I'm starting to get some of the acid-ness in my throat and it BURNS so bad, I'm not excited for it to get worse! Darn pregnancy! You're close though, only like one more month!

P.S. I like the name you chose, that's cute! Crazy that he's gonna be here so soon! My sister-in-law just had her baby on Sunday- she was 34 weeks but her water broke at 32 weeks. They were able to keep the baby in for those 2 weeks and then they got her out. But crazy eh? Not that it should scare us, but hopefully everything goes well! :) Good thing the doctors know what to do.

Amber said...

How horrible! You're going to hate me for admitting this, but I never had morning sickness or acid reflux. But, since I had a c-section doesn't that count for something?

The Manwarings said...

Katelyn - I feel your pain... And I know that there is nothing worse than a pregnant woman scorned by her socks. I can't wait to see the little guy!